10 Things to Do Instead of Doing Laundry
Doing laundry is one of the most hated household chores, but also the one that gets done more often than any other household task. Why? Because we literally change our clothes multiple times a day and it never stops piling up.
Even though doing laundry is dreaded, with the average family doing 8-10 loads per week, we thought it’d be fun to put together 5 fun facts about laundry that you never knew!
- Prior to the 1800s, laundry was washed in ashes and urine, after wearing them for a week straight. GROSS!
- Laundry detergent wasn’t created until 1916.
- It was common practice in the 1960’s for college students to mail their laundry home for their parents to do, because they didn’t have access to a washer on campus.
- In Switzerland, there are strict days that residents of shared laundry spaces can do laundry. Talk about having to plan ahead!
- In the 19th century, Monday’s were the only day laundry was done in Britain! Doing laundry once a week sounds kind of nice..
If you don’t want to deal with the pain that laundry is, or need some help lightening your load, LNDRY is here to save the day!
Schedule your pickup at www.lndry.com!